Service Operation covers a prominent part of the service lifecycle. It contains very important key terms that are essential to understanding howITIL® processes and functions work.
There are several key definitions in Service Operations:
• Event: Detectable occurrence that arise from the IT infrastructure.
• Alert: A warning that a threshold has been exceeded or something significant has occurred in the IT infrastructure.
• Incident: An unplannedinterruption to an IT Service.
• Problem: The unknown root-cause of one or more Incidents.
• Workaround: A temporary solution to a problem that enables the user to continue using the service while Problem Management tries to find a permanent solution.
• Service Request: A request from a User for information, or advice, or for a
Standard Changeor for Access to an IT Service.
• Request for Change/Change: All modifications to the IT infrastructure or its relateddocumentation managed by the Change Management process.
ITIL, ITIL Foundation Course, ITIL V3, ITIL Course, ITIL – Course, online itil, itil certification, online material for itil course