Kuwait 16th May, 2020:
Kuwait directorate of Civil Aviation Safety Regulations :
The General Directorate of Civil Aviation issued a circular regarding operational procedures to deal with evacuation flights of Expats from the country through Kuwait International Airport, through passenger terminals. The circular stated that the expatriates leaving from Kuwait will be examined at the airport by the Ministry of Health and given a certificate that they are free of Corona virus if the result is negative as they will be treated according to procedures by the Ministry of Health.
The new circular specifies the stages of the evacuation process
The prior certificate for passenger that he/she is clear from COVID-19 virus is not required prior to departure as the procedures will be followed on the airport are as follows:
The procedures for the regular passenger check in for
all International airline flights are through (T1).
Private flights are through (T3),
Kuwait Airways flights through (T4) and
Jazeera Airlines are through (T5) terminal.
In the circular, it is stated that If the passenger is clear from COVID-19 virus certificate will be issued prior to departure, the procedures are as follows:
For Flights departing from terminal (T1), passengers are tested in the Baggage weighing zone (1) by the medical staff of Ministry of Health, then the certificate is issued with a free of COVID-19 virus if the test result is negative.
If the test result is positive, the Ministry of Health will take necessary procedures.
For flights departing from terminal (T3), passengers are tested at the “Royal Aviation” hall by the medical staff of Ministry of Health, then the certificate is issued with a free of COVID-19 virus if the test result is negative.
For flights departing from terminal (T4), passengers are tested at the departures area before the weighing area by the medical staff of Ministry of Health, then the certificate is issued with a free of COVID-19 virus if the test result is negative.
For flights departing from terminal (T5), passengers are tested at the examination area before the weighing area by the medical staff of Ministry of Health, then the certificate is issued with a free of COVID-19 virus if the test result is negative.
The circular outlined the responsibilities of the various authorities concerned as follows:
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs: The Ministry takes diplomatic approvals in coordination with the embassies of countries in Kuwait and prepares passenger statements and delivers them to the General Directorate of Civil Aviation.
• General Administration of Civil Aviation: After receiving the passenger manifest by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Interior, in coordination with the airlines the DGCA shall prepare flight schedules and obtain required approvals from the relevant authorities and prepare for reception of passengers and coordinate with terminal operators, ground service providers and airlines, as well as with the Ministry of Health for a Certificate of COVID 19 Examination for the journey.
• The Ministry of Health: The Ministry prepares for the required passenger screening process and issues free of COVID-19 virus certificates for passengers in the inspection area of each terminal. If the the test result is negative the Ministry of Health will provide COVID-19 virus free certificate. If the test result is positive, the Ministry shall take the necessary procedures with the infected passengers
• Ministry of Interior: preparing the lists of deported passengers and handing them over to the General Administration of Civil Aviation at least 24 hours prior to the flight date. The ministry’s responsibility through the Airport Security Department to provide comprehensive insurance of all security measures for locations and passengers from arrival at Kuwait International Airport until they board the aircraft.
The passport control department at the airport is responsible to complete exit procedures to leave Kuwait. Regulate the moment of passengers who travel to Kuwait International airport.
• Airlines: fully prepared for the acceptance process of passengers on flights, and the distribution of tools to protect against masks, gloves and sterilizers for passengers before entering the building.
Instructions of all
All entities shall comply with the Ministry of Health’s instructions and apply proper health procedures to provide full care to passengers to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Kuwait Civil Aviation issues procedures, for Expats while departing from Kuwait
COVID-19 Kuwait Bakkala open timing changed, grocery stores time changed during total lockdown
Kuwait PM hopes to announce gradual return to normal life after May 30
Grocery stores selling directly to the public will be closed immediately, only home delivery allowed, JobsinQ8Info