Sr. Data Analyst
Company: Alghanim Industries
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Senior Data Analyst (IT Audits) is primarily responsible for mining and mapping data from Alghanim Industries’ various ERP systems and Applications to create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture to facilitate the Continuous Auditing (data analytics) of relevant business processes, and the building analytical dashboards. This includes data extraction, transformation, and loading from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other tools such as Tableau or Power BI to make the data readily available for use by the Audit and Compliance teams. The incumbent should always represent the department in a professional manner, abide by applicable professional standards (such as the IIA), and seek every opportunity follow the principles articulated in the department’s vision and objectives.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture; adopt new technologies to improve existing frameworks of data flow and monitoring.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of audit methodology to impact business strategies; extract data through any ETL Tools such as Talend or SQL procedures/scripts, etc.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets for deployment in audits and fraud investigations, as applicable.
• Create automated data anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis; active use of built-in data quality dashboard to highlight exceptions.
• Influencing the strengthening of IT processes and controls through the sharing of best practice.
• Undertaking/Supervising IT audits as may be directed by Audit Management.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Educated to degree level in computer science, information systems, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
• Experience with Talend or any Traditional ETL Tools or Cloud based ETL Tools.
• Experience in monitoring data loads, error handling, error notifications, etc.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with 3 years in maintaining data architecture.
• Some line responsibility or project management experience
• Knowledge of python would be an added advantage
• Ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute an audit engagement independently.
• Experience in writing complex SQL queries and experience with any relational databases like SAP, Autoline, Oracle, MSSQL, Redshift etc.
• Experience of manipulating, processing, and extracting data from disconnected datasets using ETL Tools.
• Good data visualization & communication Skills.
• Focused and ambitious
• Tolerates stress
• Takes ownership and acts proactively
• Improvises and makes things happen
• Challenges mindsets, thinks laterally
• Plans activities
• Prioritizes and manages resources
• Looks for continuous improvement
• Open and flexible
• Understands complexities and crystallizes issues
• Assesses problems
• Persuasion and negotiating skills
• Precise, expressive and descriptive skills
• Cooperative behavior and ability to work in a team
• Creation of a constructive working atmosphere
• Assured and obliging manner
• Articulates well verbally and in writing
• Develops and coaches staff
• Motivates staff
• Team player
• Contributes to team goals
• Provides constructive feedback
- Kuwait Airport to resolve entry issues of expats, JobsinQ8 News
- Expats who have reached the age of 60 and above, JobsinQ8
- 11th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- COVISHIELD is same as AstraZeneca-Oxford , JobsinQ8 by Indian Ambassador to Kuwait
- 10th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Eid-Ul-Adha 2021 will be on Monday, 20th July, JobsinQ8 Kuwait Festival Holiday
- MoH rename ‘Oxford’ as ‘AstraZeneca/Oxford’ in vaccine certificates
- How to Start your SECOND income source? JobsinQ8 , Online Free Training
- 9th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Filipino food you must try! Satisfy your cravings at the comfort of your home
- Kuwait work at 100% capacity from 11th July, 2021, JobsinQ8
- 8th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Technical Team Formed to Audit COVID-19 vaccination Certificates , JobsinQ8
- Covishield is approved by the Kuwait Government, JobsinQ8
- How do you know who blocked you on WhatsApp?