Sr. Accounts & Control Associate – F&B
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
The Senior Associate – Accounts & Control serves as an Accounting Team Leader within the Business Unit and supports the financial and accounting aspects of the business.
• Ensure that accounting of business transactions are done timely and as per the relevant policies for the same.
• Support the Manager – Accounts & Control in supporting the Business Unit by providing them timely accounting information.
• Account reconciliations
• Assess risk and control related to business processes and support in designing appropriate internal controls to protect company assets.
• Review current systems, make recommendations for system enhancement and participate in implementation of new systems.
• Ensure that adequate cost and procedural controls are in place and all cost elements, including overheads are optimized.
• Keep abreast of regulatory changes and ensure full compliance at all times
• Supervise the activities of more junior team members to deliver timely and accurate work
• A graduate in Accounting or Finance with deep understanding of accounting and financial principles.
• CA with 2+ year’s relevant experience in accounting. If CPA or CMA, 5+ years of experience in general ledger and book closing.
• Strong general IT skills, an expert user of MS Excel with experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) and financial reporting system (Hyperion)
• Previous experience supervising a small team in order to deliver quality financial work – maintaining a robust control environment ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
• A desire to explore new ways to evolve processes, and embraces systematic and continuous process improvement.
• An organized approach with proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong communication skills in English with ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally in an organization