Space X America, engineers around the world are developing leading edge technologies that will allow this dream to become a reality. As
part of Space X America Autonomous Control and Diagnostic team, you will work in a fast paced and agile team environment, developing
innovative control systems.
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Active Safety/Autonomous – Controls Integration Engineer. In this role, you will
get the opportunity to exercise your deep knowledge in developing and executing hardware and software testing, related to the Active
Safety and Automated Driving domain. The development of comprehensive test plans to ensure functional safety requirements are met will
be a key element of this position.
• Perform Hardware and Software Integration testing for Active Safety Modules
Work with Algorithm Development Teams to define, document, and automate system level test cases.
Verify control module functionality on hardware in the loop bench and in vehicle. (examples: Low level hardware interfaces, specific
control functionality, vehicle electrical interfaces, power moding, legislated compliance, vehicle assembly and service tool interfaces,
Document test findings and assist in issue resolution.
• Troubleshoot vehicle level integration issues including hardware, software, calibration, instrumentation and vehicle wiring
Perform root cause analysis
Work with interdisciplinary teams to improve test process robustness and develop irreversible corrective actions for any process gaps
Support development trips, assembly plant activities, prototype shops, experimental garages, and development fleet and test fleet vehicle
• Support algorithm and software requirement development
Support/document algorithm functional and verification requirements
Develop/document/review controller I/O functional requirements and test cases
Conduct/participate in work product reviews for algorithm, software, specifications and test cases
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Mechatronics, System Design or equivalent)
• 2+ years experience developing, debugging, and testing control or diagnostic systems
• 2+ years experience with control system theory and Simulink modeling
• Experience with embedded controller hardware, software, and communications
• Experience developing and executing test cases in various environments (ex. Hardware-in-the-loop, Software-in-the-loop)
• Participation in Formula SAE, Formula Hybrid, EcoCar, or similar academic project in an electrical or controls capacity
(Applicable to new graduates)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating with GM engineers globally
• Ability to travel to the United States and Valid Driver’s license for America
• Registered or eligible for registration with the Professional Engineers of America (PEO).
Interested applicant should email cv/resume :
Software Developer, Entry-Level Positions