Digital – Head of Enterprise Architecture
Company: Alghanim Industries
The Head of Architecture will be responsible for end-to-end architecture design within the Consumer practice at Alghanim Industries. Currently, the application landscape comprises of SAP (IS Retail) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) with digital capabilities provided by Magento – one of the primary focusses of this role is to help drive the IT transformation agenda with an application overhaul to include Point of Sale, eCommerce, Forecasting & Replenishment and ERP.
This individual will partner with Consumer project teams, taking overall responsibility for architecture design – focussing on design principles and patterns on which the architecture is based. Furthermore, the Head of Architecture will define overall standards which must be adhered to as well as providing subject matter expertise (SME) on specific in-flight / planned projects.
The Head of Architecture will be involved in both agile and waterfall projects, but will be expected to be a technology evangelist promoting new and innovative architectural solutions to reach the objective. As well as traditional architecture patterns, it is expected the individual will have experience in microservices architecture design and will be able to design (where applicable) architectural solutions for Alghanim Industries in this manner (e.g. Ecommerce, or Point of Sale).
It is expected that the individual will communicate with both business & IT teams, and will be a “big picture” thinker whilst also being able to understand the specific architectural system design in terms of functionality and process, and being able to add value when addressing architectural design.
This individual will have outstanding communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a genuine passion for consumer facing retail. Strong presentation skills are required, as well as the confidence to manage multiple stakeholders from business teams, IT teams, external vendors and delivery partners.
- Define the overall end-to-end architecture vision for Consumer practice, engaging stakeholders and aligning them to “buy-in” to the architectural vision
- Develop design principles and patterns which will guide all projects across Consumer practice
- Define approach to integration (e.g. API, Messaging, Point to Point) and select appropriate technologies (e.g. Kafka, MuleSoft)
- Manage internal / external teams to implement architectural vision
- Manage external technology vendors (e.g. Kafka, MuleSoft) to develop roadmap
- Support in-flight / planned projects, focusing on key architectural requirements and providing SME knowledge to the relevant project teams
- Validate architectural decisions made by project teams in-line with documented architectural principles
- Design and manage overall governance framework to ensure architectural principles are adhered to
- Communicate with senior business stakeholders to align them to key architectural principles
- Partner with Retail IT director to develop overall IT roadmap (architecture, application etc.)
- Identify projects (as applicable) to help develop the Consumer IT architecture
- Engage with key Consumer IT stakeholders (Business Solution Managers, Project Manager & Business Analyst) to provide SME assistance
- University degree, ideally from a technology discipline.
- 7 years+ experience of working within retail architecture domain (enterprise and/or solution)
- Ideally 2 years+ in a leadership position
- Experience of microservices architecture design
- Experience of delivering large-scale programmes of work, ideally in retail
- Experience of facilitating & running workshops (business & IT facing)
- Experience working on agile projects (end-to-end) and traditional waterfall projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and resolve complex problems
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology
Q8 Alghanim Vacancy, JobsinQ8 Jobs, Digital – Head of Enterprise Architecture
- Sultan Center Hala February Offers, upto 2nd March, JobsinQ8, Sultan Promotions Deals
- Hala February Offers, Grand Hyper Fahaheel upto 28th, JobsinQ8
- Highway Center Promotions, JobsinQ8, 7th Feb, Deals Hala February
- 1,015 New Cases, 23rd February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- 22nd February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Kuwait Government decides no curfew to be imposed, JobsinQ8
- Kuwait’s Cabinet Holds Weekly Meeting , JobsinQ8, 22nd February 2021
- Kuwait Govt. closes Sea & Land borders for 1 Month, JobsinQ8, Cabinet Meeting Feb 22nd
- Philippine Embassy in Kuwait, All Passport Services, Renewal Extension, Releasing, JobsinQ8
- CityBus Pass Offer, JobsinQ8, Monthly Kuwait Bus Pass Promotion Feb-2021
- 21st February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Ban on Expats to Enter Kuwait continues until further notice, JobsinQ8
- Indian Kuwait pack moving service 60388703
- 20th February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Kuwait DGCA New Circular on 17th February, JobsinQ8, Kuwait Airport Conditions