Company: Alghanim Industries
|Role Title: Purchase Engineer||Reporting to: Manager Purchasing|
|Business Unit: Kirby Building Systems Kuwait|
|Department / Section: Purchasing|
|A. ROLE & CONTEXT|
The purchase engineer at Kirby is responsible for the vendor selection and development of local and international suppliers; negotiation and execution of supply contracts.
|B. ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES|
Ensure all procurement activities are carried out in accordance with the established company procedures.
Conduct technical review of requirements from Engineering/Operations.
Prepare RFQ (request for quotation) document and send it to Suppliers/Vendors. Evaluate the quotations received from Suppliers/Vendors to determine the best Supplier/Vendor meeting price, delivery, and quality requirements.
Conduct negotiation with Suppliers/Vendors for assigned products and services
Conduct Supplier/Vendor evaluation after a PO is complete.
Develop new sources to meet company’s evolving business needs
Prepare reports for the management as and when required
|C. EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS|
|Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
2 years’ experience in the field of purchasing (Preferable). Good fresh graduates would also be considered
|Minimum Entry Qualifications
Bachelors in Engineering is a must with Major in either Civil/Structural/Mechanical or Industrial
|D. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS|
|E. KEY RELATIONSHIPS & DECISION MAKING|
Senior Manager Planning & Purchasing
Decision making authority
Business impact of role
|Technical & non technical
In-depth knowledge of procurement methods and procedures
Very good analytical skills
Very good Excel or spread sheet capability
Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
|G. ORGANISATION CHART|
- Kuwait Airport to resolve entry issues of expats, JobsinQ8 News
- Expats who have reached the age of 60 and above, JobsinQ8
- 11th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- COVISHIELD is same as AstraZeneca-Oxford , JobsinQ8 by Indian Ambassador to Kuwait
- 10th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Eid-Ul-Adha 2021 will be on Monday, 20th July, JobsinQ8 Kuwait Festival Holiday
- MoH rename ‘Oxford’ as ‘AstraZeneca/Oxford’ in vaccine certificates
- How to Start your SECOND income source? JobsinQ8 , Online Free Training
- 9th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Filipino food you must try! Satisfy your cravings at the comfort of your home
- Kuwait work at 100% capacity from 11th July, 2021, JobsinQ8
- 8th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Technical Team Formed to Audit COVID-19 vaccination Certificates , JobsinQ8
- Covishield is approved by the Kuwait Government, JobsinQ8
- How do you know who blocked you on WhatsApp?