Mechanical Engineer required for US Army Kuwait
- Incumbent is responsible for mechanical engineering related work within the Engineering and Design Section, Directorate of Public Works (DPW), Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
- Assures the completeness and accuracy of scopes of works (SOWs) and designs for minor and major construction work independent government cost estimates (IGCEs).
- Perform technical evaluations on contractors at time of bidding, during construction, and actions required to commission mechanical systems.
- Reviews and resolves the most advanced mechanical engineering issues.
- Advises, assists, and interprets technical engineering criteria and its application to specific projects.
- Reviews contractors’ submittals and shop drawings against contract plans and specifications, suppliers’ catalogs, national codes, and Federal specifications to ensure government specifications and installation requirements are met.
- Prepares correspondence, e.g., replies to higher headquarters regarding construction deficiencies or proposals; responds to manufacturers’ inquiries regarding qualities of new equipment.
- Determines practicability from a construction viewpoint, whether physical obstructions or other construction difficulties have been anticipated