SAP IS-Retail Project Manager
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
Alghanim Industries is a multibillion-dollar conglomerate with more than 30 businesses and one of the largest privately-owned companies in the Persian Gulf region, predominantly in Kuwait. Its operations spread across 40 different countries.
The role will be based in Kuwait. The person will be part of the Digital practice, predominantly focusing on the following business units:
– Retail – this business unit includes:
o X-Cite – the largest Electricals retailer in Kuwait
o Safat Home – one of the leading home furnishing brands in Kuwait
– Food & Beverage – this business unit operates the license for the following brands:
o Slim Chickens
Additional business units are part of the Digital practice, including Supply Chain & Distribution and Gulf Trading Refrigeration Company (GRTC).
Alghanim Industries is currently experiencing a transformation that will result in a shift from a “Project based” to a “Product based” organization, in line with the most technology-advanced and agile companies at a global level.
In a product-based organization, employees are grouped around the product they work on, rather than individual roles or attributes, working according to agile methodologies. IT organizations and product developers co-create products and services with the business, rather than simply collecting requirements and executing the projects.
The SAP Lead Project Manager will report directly to the SAP Product Owner, having overall responsibility for the entire project portfolio. This role will directly manage a number of SAP functional consultants based in Kuwait and India. You will further be expected to manage external third parties involved in project delivery.
This individual will have good communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a passion for Retail. Strong presentation skills are required, as well as the confidence to manage multiple stakeholders from business teams, IT teams, external vendors and delivery partners. It is expected that the individual is a keen follower of technology trends.
- Overall responsibility for all SAP projects across all Retail / Digital business units
- Manage all SAP project resources (internal and external)
- Primary point of contact for SAP projects
- Senior figure in defining new SAP roadmap, as migration to S/4HANA is considered
- Provide consulting services during new implementations, rollout/enhancements and existing system support in SAP IS-Retail / SD / MM modules.
- Conduct workshops to Identify, interpret, validate and document customer requirements.
- Perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions / product modifications to satisfy business needs.
- Proactively identify gaps / issues in the existing setup and propose business processes and/or system enhancements through standard / work around solutions.
- Provide Super user training and user support as required.
- Partner Management – Proposals, Time sheet review and Invoice processing
- Help business team in preparing and finalizing BRD(Business Requirement Document).
- To Work with various Partners in getting the proposal analysis and recommendations
- End to end monitoring of Project and updating in Project management tool on a daily basis
- Weekly updates and presentation to ERP Project Owner
- University degree, ideally from a computing or technology discipline.
- Minimum SAP Consulting experience of 9+ years in SAP IS RETAIL / SD / MM.
- Minimum 3 End to End implementation projects with at least 1 third party system Integration project.
- Should be SAP MM/SD certified.
- SAP Retail Skill Set: Article & Site Master, Assortments & Listing, MC & Hierarchies, Promotion and Bonus Buy, Planning & Replenishment
- SAP SD Skill Set: O2C processes, Pricing, Outputs, Availability Check, Credit Management
- SAP MM Skill Set: P2P processes, STO / Intercompany STO, advance payment, shipment and costing, Release strategies.
- Integration Skill set: Should have worked on IDOC / RFC / Proxy / File Transfer interfaces.
- Profound understanding of SAP Retail business processes and Cross Module Integration Areas (SD – MM / SD – FI / MM – FI / MM – WM)
- Project Documentation Skillset: Blueprint / Config Doc / Solution Analysis Document (SAD) / FS / Integration Document / Test Scripts / User manuals
- Technical Skillset: Identify standard User Exists / Enhancements / BADI’s / BAPI’s /Authorization objects / IDOCS etc.
- Should multitask and manage multiple deliverables and projects concurrently.
- Very good communication skills, work Independently, Result-oriented, Team player, Flexible and strong in troubleshooting/analytical skills.
- SAP Vistex Knowledge
- SAP IS-Retail certification
- SAP WM knowledge
- SAP Debugging Skills
- Project management certification and experience with project management tools (Asana / Alfresco / Teamwork/JIRA /Confluence)