Job vacancy for CIVIL ENGINEER U.S. Army Central Kuwait
About the Position:
Position may filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE five years by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
Position may be filled a term appointment NTE 6 years, if the candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointment may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
- Serves as a Civil Engineer on an interrelated team of engineers/architects engaged in construction, design, review and inspection on or near US occupied Kuwait camps, including but not limited to Camp Arifjan, Camp Buehring, and Camp Patriot.
- Works closely with other team members to ensure that comprehensive plans and specifications are developed for construction or repair projects.
- Performs professional engineering work in the preparation of designs, drawings, and specifications for construction, alteration, renovation, or addition of structures, surfaced areas, roads and grounds
- Duties are performed on a project basis with the incumbent acting as contributing or lead designer and coordinator for projects involving other engineering disciplines.
- Perform as sole designer for projects involving complex civil/structural problems requiring extensive research or broad application of engineering principles.
- Prepares design studies, design memoranda, final design calculations, technical specifications and labor and materials cost estimates for construction, renovation, maintenance and repair projects.
- Provides field inspection/quality assurance of construction sites for projects to ensure all construction is completed to approved design and specifications.
- Provides the full range of multi-discipline project management, engineering, contract development, quality assurance, and contract management.
- Serves as a contracting officer?s representative or contracting officer?s technical representative on the base maintenance contract, under the general supervision of a lead COR.