IT Specialist-Network & Telephony
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
Job Title | IT Specialist – Network and Telephony
Dept | Infrastructure
Location | Fahaheel Commercial Building (Opp Al Kout Mall)
Reports to | IT Manager, Infrastructure Core Services
- Experience in designing and managing mission-critical, highly available network infrastructure
- Developing architecture plans for voice and data services.
- Installing network hardware modules including IP and PBX communication servers.
- Designing and implementing Cisco & Avaya systems.
- Troubleshooting VoIP network issues.
- Designing and deploying SD-WAN configurations, providing support, and troubleshooting technical issue with SD-WAN.
- Design, implement and support Cloud network infrastructure in AWS and Azure platforms.
- Analyzing existing VoIP networks and computer systems.
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding incident and change management activities
- Develop an understanding of business issues and goals to provide appropriate technical solutions.
- Perform network design and capacity planning for WAN.
- Improve application performance across WANs
- Provide mentoring and training as the opportunities arise.
- Work closely with 3rd party supplier and equipment vendors at a technical level
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- University Graduate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Must have 10 years of hands-on experience with various Cisco Platforms, Avaya Telephony, including but not limited to Nexus Services (at least 8 years working with a Cisco data network platform)
- Knowledge on ACI and NSXT for SDDC.
- Hand on experience on network infrastructure and network hardware – Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Zscaler, VeloCloud, Versa, Silver Peak, and alternate connectivity mechanisms such as 4G / 5G / Microwave
- Excellent problem diagnostics and resolution skills.
- Extensive proven experience of acting as the SME in a technical team in a large organization.
- Extensive experience using network analysis and packet capture tools
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Wireless Solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of data center technologies, TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, OSPF, BGP, OTV, HSRP, VPC, VRRP, VTP, STP etc.
- Excellent Cisco IOS & NXOS administration & troubleshooting skills on LAN & WAN Equipment
- Knowledge of Firewalling Solutions, load balancers, SSL/CAG Gateways (Advantageous)
- In-depth experience on data center N7K, N5K. Meraki Network… etc. Switches.
- An in-depth understanding of network infrastructure design and best practice principles, including routing and switching concepts and technologies, advanced IP Addressing, dynamic routing protocols.
- MPLS, Secure and resilient routing solutions, Unified communications, Load balancing, and traffic management, Quality of Service (QOS), Wireless and Mobile Communications.
- Appreciation of voice, video, and multimedia technologies.