Sr. Internal IT Auditor
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
Reporting to the Sr.Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor (IT) is primarily responsible for the delivery of IT audit assignments throughout the Group’s various business activities both in Kuwait and overseas. This includes, inter alia, the administration of the audit assignment from beginning to end, including report preparation and finalization, in accordance with departmental procedures. The post holder should always represent the department in a professional manner , abide by professional standards as laid down by the IIA, and seek every opportunity follow the principles articulated in the department’s vision and objectives.
- Develop testing framework for assurance engagements related to Information Technology (infrastructure, security, service desk, and applications).
- The preparation of working papers in accordance with departmental procedures and best practices.
- Liaison with Audit Managers and customers regularly regarding status of audits in progress.
- Delivery of assigned audits in accordance with departmental procedures with minimal supervision.
- Recommending best practice solutions to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of IT related engagements.
- Guiding auditors or secondees effectively and efficiently and ensuring that they feel well supported throughout the process.
- Agreeing all findings, factual content, context and agreed actions to be taken.
- Finalizing draft audit reports for Manager’s review.
- Supporting special investigations as required including those related to theft or suspected fraud.
- Providing feedback for inclusion of IT related engagements in the annual plan.
- Influencing the strengthening of IT processes and controls through the sharing of best practice.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- CISA / CISSP certified. CIA certification would be an added plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with 3 years of IT governance or IT audit experience
- Some line responsibility or project management experience
- Ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute an audit engagement independently
- Articulate audit observations in clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate understanding of COBIT framework
- Experience in infrastructure and cloud-based audits would be preferable.