Sr. Associate Compliance Manager
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
The Senior Associate Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for the delivery of one or more concurrent investigation assignments throughout the Group’s various Business Units both in Kuwait and overseas. This involves, among others, the planning and execution of assignments from start to finish, including preparing draft reports in accordance with departmental procedures. The incumbent is expected to contribute to the successful implementation of the Compliance Department’s Program Plan. The incumbent should represent the department in a professional manner at all times, abide by professional standards as laid forth by the ACFE and IIA, and seek every opportunity to follow the principles articulated in the department’s vision and objectives.
- Under the guidance of the Compliance Manager / Senior Compliance Manager, the Senior Compliance Auditor / Senior Associate Compliance Manager is expected to deliver investigation assignments in accordance with departmental procedures. Specifically, under adequate supervision, defining the scope of investigations, developing test plans, interviewing suspects, and summarizing findings including recommendations of remedial actions to BUs’ Management.
- Prepares works papers for all assignments to support the findings in investigation reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Liaises with BUs management and human resources to obtain information relevant to assigned investigations and provide updates to his / her supervisors regarding the status of the cases.
- Prepares draft investigation reports and submits them for supervisor’s or Manager’s review, ensuring that findings are factual based in the context of the investigation and making value added recommendations to relevant operations management.
- Executing assigned fraud hotline and fraud risk awareness and assessment activities.
- Making value added recommendations to strengthen the control environment to promote the prevention, detection, and deterrence of fraud.
- Assists in the detection and prevention of fraud, sharing avoidance strategies and helping to create a centre of fraud prevention excellence.
- Raising fraud awareness and encouraging others to report incidents of fraud or concerns in accordance with the Group’s Policy for the prevention and reporting of fraud.
- Maintaining the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality.
Skills & qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, CA, and ACCA preferred, but not required. Undergraduate in Psychology, sociology or Criminology will be an added advantage, but not required
- Knowledge of Arabic is highly preferable and those candidates who are bilingual in English and Arabic may receive a waiver for the education and experience requirements
- 1 to 3 years of audit, compliance, investigation, or related and/or relevant business experience that will be valuable to the Group Compliance Department’s overall achievement of its objectives
- International exposure
- Some knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, IIA Audit Standards, ACFE Standards
- Good understanding of Corporate Governance requirements
- Some knowledge of Fraud risk assessment methodologies and mitigation techniques
- Internal control documentation & evaluation
- Investigative techniques and practices