Assistant IT Manager – Service Desk
Location: KW – Company: Alghanim Industries
The Assistant IT Manager – Service Desk will be responsible for taking care of day to operational work and escalations. You will manage the service desk team and offer end user support. You will also provide first line technical support to internal staff and overall 24X7 availability for the team. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role – coverage for support includes telephony across EMEA and Asia whilst also supporting offices in GCC where travel may be required to other offices. We are looking for candidates with good command on windows and Mac machines.
Training the team members, taking handover from other teams like infra and network, cascading down to the ITSD team. Work as a technical senior to know new technologies and understand them well.
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Managing the team rooster.
- Should be taking guidelines from management and cascading it down to the team to ensure operations are running smoothly
- Handle and support projects and timely delivery
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- 1st and 2nd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as desktop/laptops, printers, to MS office
- Escalate unresolved calls to the operations support team
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide stats/reports for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Work on monthly report/dashboards for management related to ITSD area.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Problem solving – Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Documentation on the processes and guides related to daily work
- Good team player and can mange relation with his peers in other IT teams
- Dealing with higher executives.
- Evaluating performance and Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Manage Vendors and ensure IT equipment ordered as per standard and best practices.
- Manage Field Engineers across Alghanim office and ensure SLA met for all incidents and Service Requests.
- Maintain IT Stock and ensure IT Workshop process running smoothly
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Degree educated or qualified by experience
- ITILv3 certified desirable
- Experienced in presenting to all levels
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proven experience of project management
- Proven excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience of working within SLA and ITIL defined businesses preferred