Dubai to host first ever Miss Universe UAE in November
Contest will be held at La Perle, Al Habtoor City
For the first time, a beauty queen selected from the UAE will represent the nation at the global Miss Universe contest to be held in Israel in December.
“Any woman UAE resident of any nationality between the ages of 18 and 28 can participate. We are looking at diversity and we want them to represent the spirit of this nation,” said Josh Yugen, President and National Director of Yugen Events.
The contest, to be held at La Perle, Al Habtoor City on November 7, will not feature a swimwear round. Instead there will be a fashion couture round, led by celebrated Filipiino designer Furne One who has dressed up the likes of Beyonce.
The winner will represent the UAE on a global stage at the Miss Universe contest in Israel.
“I never want to put this Miss Universe pageant in a box. It’s not just about beauty or just a celebration of intelligence, it’s about their heart … The contest is open to all women belonging to all nationalities,” said Yugen.
A non-traditional contest:-
Asked if beauty contests are reductive, the team behind the Miss Universe UAE vehemently claimed that this is not a beauty pageant in the traditional sense of the term.
“Dubai and Abu Dhabi are known to doing things differently and for making everything impossible seem possible … We have even eliminated swimwear because an identity of a woman is beyond the parameters of her sculpture … We have changed and made a difference and have done something that nobody in 70 years of Miss Universe history has done,” said Sharihan Al Mashary, Head of Communications for the contest.
Former beauty queen Maggie Wilson, who was a part of this reveal, said that the concept of pageants is evolving.
“Earlier there was this mould of what a beauty queen should be. She must have long hair, have a svelte figure, and must be five foot nine inches tall. But now it’s no longer about one mold fits all,” said Wilson. And why not wear a power suit instead of an evening gown, she adds.
The Miss Universe UAE contest will push boundaries by making their contest diverse and inclusive.
The winner who will be chosen will represent the spirit of the UAE, they added.
All those women who wish to participate need to register online. Selected participants will be called for a personal casting call on October 15 at Al Habtoor Palace Hotel and some participants will go through rigorous rounds such as a runway challenge and commercial shoot.
- Kuwait mulls halting new driving licenses for expats, JobsinQ8
- Aryan Khan drug case, Who is lawyer Satish Manshinde?
- 7thOctober 2021, Kuwait Corona Update today, JobsinQ8, COVID-19
- Travelers to Kuwait must update Immune app to return, JobsinQ8
- How to Upload Abroad Vaccine Certificate to Kuwait MoH? , JobsinQ8
- Arrival Procedures to The State of Kuwait from Abroad, JobsinQ8 News
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration for Booster Dose, Corona Booster Dose, JobsinQ8
- Kuwait Bus Route 747, Hassawi to Jleeb to Airport
- Kuwait City Bus Started new Route Kuwait City Express, Maliya to Al Soor Tower
- T20 World Cup 2021 Schedule, All Teams, Host, Time Table, Venue
- Art Competition on Indian Women’s Network in Kuwait, JobsinQ8 Indian Embassy
- Jahra Health District Vaccination Campaign, Kuwait Health JobsinQ8
- Ahmadi Health District Vaccination Campaign, Kuwait Health JobsinQ8
- Farwaniya Health District Vaccination Campaign, Kuwait Health JobsinQ8
- Hawalli Health District Vaccination Campaign, Kuwait Health JobsinQ8